25/06/13 - Scotland, part A


Foveran, Aberdeenshire










Lunan Bay







Scotland seems to have been forgotten in the heat wave that we were having down in the south of England. Locals tell us that, in fact, we’ve just missed the beautiful weather, and that our arrival seems to be synonymous with the arrival of the rain and the mist, but I can’t picture this landscape being basked in the sunshine and warmth that I’ve been used to for the past few weeks.
For that, I am incredibly thankful.
I am at home in the cold. Cold hands, damp hair, thick jumpers. These things are my jam. I feel at ease here, and solid in the centre of myself. My pale skin isn’t suited to hot climates.
This trip is about a lot of things – seeing old friends, staying with family we haven’t seen in a while, and visiting places on my “to-see” list. And I’ve found it difficult, for a lot of reasons, and good, for a lot of others.
Time is ticking by at a rapid pace, and August 19th feels as if it is very rapidly approaching. I am hopeful, scared, and so excited.

Comments

Popular Posts