18/08/13 - there are two days left

I've packed suitcases more times than I can count but this is the first time it's felt so important. These are the pieces of my life right here. This is me, packing myself up for the next eleven months. And when I unpack this suitcase, I will be in another country, surrounded by a different family, speaking a different language. Off on an adventure.
I am not a Baggins of Bag End. I do adventure. But I never expected it to feel like this, like cold feet and a clear head.

I feel calm. I feel scared. I feel like I'm finally doing something right, something good. Something with purpose and weight and responsibility. I feel alone. In a couple of days, this won't be my life. I feel achingly homesick, but I haven't left yet. I feel tired.

This is good. I am doing something good. I feel settled in these bones.

Comments

Popular Posts