20/08/13 - moving day

I'm sitting in the airport (with internet! shock horror!) and I've bought my lunch and I'm plugged into my ipod and I'm trying to forget that heart wrenching moment when I had to walk away from my parents. I think I was so set on getting it over with, not getting too mushy, not feeling too emotional, that I forgot to take a second to let go. And I walked off, a bit bashful, laughing a little, trying to swallow the lump in my throat as I waved to my parents - my dad proud, my mum smiling with wet eyes. And now I'm sitting in the airport writing this and I think I'm just making myself emotional again.

This is it now; my gate is going to be announced in ten minutes. And then I'm going to be off. And this feels momentous, but in fact people do things like this every day.

I'll see you in Switzerland.

that night we got fancy // 17/08/13

Comments

Popular Posts